A basic hands-on introduction. Get to know the main parts of a computer (inside and out), and learn about how computers connect to the Internet. This is an introductory class for beginners and we are working with an inactive computer; no previous experience using computers is required.
ZIP file contains:
- Lesson plan
- Instructor Materials Checklist (NOTE: this class requires a set of inactive computer parts for learners to see and touch. This checklist details the materials that we use at VPL - you can modify based on the computer parts you have access to).
This is part of VPL's Computer Essentials series. The recommended order is:
- Computer Essentials: Get to Know Your Computer
- Computer Essentials: Use the Mouse and Keyboard
- Computer Essentials: Create and Format Documents
- Computer Essentials: Let's Talk About File Management
Learn more at vpl.ca/program/digital-essentials